Terms & Conditions
// By doing business with Laura Carter Illustration eenmanzaak you are agreeing to the following terms:
I don’t accept cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Returns and exchange details
// Please contact me if there are any goods damaged in transit to you. I can accept returns of goods damaged in transit within 14 days of receipt of items. Dispatch items back within 30 days of delivery. Return postage is the responsibility of the buyer and non-refundable
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can’t accept returns for:-
// Custom or personalised orders
// Digital downloads
// Items on sale
PLEASE NOTE: For ALL orders, I cannot be held responsible for postal delays, local taxes or customs fees incurred once the package enters your country.
// CUSTOM LISTINGS // Please note that, based on the nature of custom art, I offer no refunds on custom listings. If it is not received well by the intended recipient, I cannot be held responsible. I will however work as hard as possible to make sure the piece is up to your standards and expectations.
// NON-CUSTOM LISTINGS // Please contact me if you are unhappy with your item(s), I’ll do my best to put it right! If buyers are still unhappy they may return non-custom goods for refund or exchange, if they notify me they are doing so within 14 days of receipt of the product, and provide me at that time with proof of return postage (return postage is the responsibility of the buyer and non-refundable). All packages are securely wrapped with care.
//DIGITAL DOWNLOADS // I cannot accept returns on digital files, though I will do my best to make sure you have the prints that you want. Please message me if you have any questions or need help with your printables
Custom portrait ordering process
CURRENTLY CLOSED! NORMALLY SHIPPED WITHIN 2-3 WEEKS AFTER RECEIVING ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION AND PAYMENT.
• Take a look at my ‘Custom Illustration’ Section on Etsy (only available to view if I have open custom slots). If you see something you’d like, or similar, have a read of the Listing Description. * • Please make a note of any details I say I will require from you, for example photos or colour-preferences. • Purchase the appropriate listing! • WHEN PAYMENT CLEARS AND I HAVE RECEIVED THE REQUESTED DETAILS E.G. PHOTO FROM YOU, I BEGIN WORKING. I will always first submit an outline of the commission to confirm I understand your request. See ‘Custom Listing Policies’ below for details, and any questions- just ask! *IF THERE ARE NO LISTINGS MEETING YOUR REQUIREMENTS, but would like me to illustrate something completely different for you, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you outline what you’re thinking of, we can work out a listing from there 🙂
Custom listing Policies
Please note that, based on the nature of custom art, I offer no refunds on custom listings. If it is not received well by the intended recipient, I cannot be held responsible. I will however work as hard as possible to make sure the piece is up to your standards and expectations. • Please take into account that if you request something different from existing listings, I will set the price for your listing based on your individual wishes and specifications. Therefore the price may vary from existing listings. Of course, I’ll check the price with you. You may even have a budget in mind before you have a clear idea for the illustration! • I cannot make huge/significant changes to photos given as reference for custom portraits. Nothing big can be added to the photos, for example an extra person (unless reference is given for them too, in which case it will be priced accordingly). • If a listing is for a custom ‘COUPLE’ portrait, then it can feature a maximum of two people. ‘FAMILY’ or ‘GROUP’ portraits can of course include more people. • I cannot make huge adjustments to your request after I have begun painting. Your review of the’ rough’ (only if a rough is included in the description) will be for you to point out any minor adjustments that I need to make. ‘Minor adjustments’ refers to small changes such as tweaking facial features, or removing a lock of hair. • Time till completion is stated as ‘the ready to dispatch’ time in the listing, which is counted from payment clearing and receival of requested details. If you need it sooner, let me know and maybe I can fiddle with my schedule a bit! • PLEASE NOTE- I cannot begin painting until I receive the necessary details and the photo(s), and your payment clears. Please understand that it just helps to get everything in order from the beginning! • With the subject’s permission the piece might be used for future advertising of my work. The piece will not be duplicated for re-sale, it’s a one-off! • I will not knowingly work from a copyrighted photograph without permission. I would be happy to review any images and answer any questions before ordering.
Please do not give any of my items to young children, as they often contain small parts.
// Item colours may vary slightly from your computer screen. I try to take accurate photographs, and I’m working on my photography skills 🙂 I do not charge VAT, though Etsy may collect local taxes on my behalf. Please request a VAT receipt if you need one.
// In addition, Laura Carter is the sole owner of all art created by Laura Carter Illustraton unless otherwise stipulated by contract. Reproduction or usage of any art in any form provided by Laura Carter Illustration without express permission from Laura Carter is not allowed.
// INFORMATION I COLLECT //
To fulfil any order you place with me (via Etsy or otherwise), you must provide me with certain information (which, in the case of an Etsy sale, you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
// WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW I USE IT //
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list*;
*please note- you won’t be added to a mailing list unless I’ve asked you and you’ve given your explicit consent for it!
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
// COOKIES //
// INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE //
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
// DATA RETENTION //
// TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EU //
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
// YOUR RIGHTS //
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
// HOW TO CONTACT ME //
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Laura Carter, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may write to me at:
Laura Carter Illustration
Geldropseweg 93A, 5611 SE, Eindhoven, N.L.